12/8/08

Dream of Life - Patti Smith

Saw Dream of Life this past Friday... Patti Smith is one of those artists I've heard a lot about but I never really had a chance to explore her work. When my friend Tom suggested we see this film, I was intrigued. Then after watching the trailer, I was sold.

After watching... I'd say the film was a bit too "artsy" for my taste. I do appreciate the effort and some of the scenes / segments were absolutely beautiful, but overall I was still hoping for a bit more structure. I think this film is more appealing to the existing Patti Smith fan, versus someone just discovering her. Regardless, there's no denying Patti is an artistic force. This movie motivates me to check out her music.

The first album Tom recommended was Horses. I'll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment