12/30/09

Lucy Wainwright Roche

If you've ever seen or heard Lucy Wainwright Roche, then you'll know why I'm re-posting this. I've seen her open for Dar Williams and she was amazing. I also have both her EP's and I'm looking forward to this full length album... She's a great artist with a wonderful voice and personality. And lucky for you, she's going to be the opener for the Girlyman show at the Beachland on Sunday, February 14th. So if you don't like giving money online, you can give it to her in person.

Donate to Lucy's Record!

Dear Friends,
I'd like to thank you for the incredible support you have given me over the last three years. As you know, in June of 2006, I took a deep breath, left my teaching job in New York City, and set out on a challenging but amazing journey into the world of living as a touring musician. So far, this journey has taken me all over several countries, 45 states, and has found me in countless roadside hotels.

I have had many adventures in the past few years and I've gotten to work with so many amazing people from the Indigo Girls and Neko Case to Eddi Reader and Girlyman and, of course, members of my very own BIG family. Most importantly I've had the privilege of playing music in front of thousands of amazing people from all over the world. I am a very lucky person.

As many of you know, I currently have two 8 song EPs out in the world. This fall, I have taken huge step, and one I'm really excited about: I have gone back into the studio and am recording my first full length CD!

I have decided to make and release this new record independently and without the support of a record label. I feel that this is the right way for me to make the best record I can make and get it out to my fans as directly as is possible!

I'm reaching out to you to help me make this record a reality. I have a goal of raising enough money to pay for outstanding musicians, promotion, production and completion of my new record. Please donate what you can! Check out the donation levels - we've put together some things to give you in exchange for your generous support. I promise you I will put my whole heart and soul into this project.

[From Lucy Wainwright Roche]

No comments:

Post a Comment