12/4/09

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (11/12/09)

Doing some catching up... Not going to have much to say about this show, but will have lots of photos. That may be because of the quantity (and quality) of beer I drank that night. This was my second night in Kent for the Kent State Folk Festival. I think I was trying to re-live my college years or something. It started off with a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA (20% alcohol - illegal to sell in OH), then two TALL Christmas Ales at Ray's, then several rounds of something after that. Whoa. But man, it would have been hard to not love a show after all that. :-)

We unfortunately missed Unsparing Sea as the openers, but did catch Family of the Year. They were OK... kind of like an Edward Sharpe wanna be band. Okay, that was kinda mean. But again, I was enjoying everything that night. Then Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros took the stage, in all their 9+ band member glory. This was the second time I've seen them and I couldn't have asked for a better venue. Kent Stage wasn't as packed as it was for Old Crow Medicine Show, but it was still a free for all as far as seating, standing, dancing, etc. And dance I did.

They really are a great band. My only complaint is the continued refusal to play Home. I know they're probably sick of people asking for it, but for this show, they brought to audience members (who were probably as drunk as I was) to sing the parts. I was embarrassed for them... But I will see Edward Sharpe anytime they come back.

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (11/12/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment