12/2/09

Alanis on Weed

Who knew... :-)

Alanis Morissette Credits Marijuana for Creativity
Posted on Dec 1st 2009 1:30PM by John D. LuerssenComment (1)

Alanis_Morisette.jpgIf her stint on 'Weeds' wasn't enough of a hint, Alanis Morissette openly pledged her love for marijuana in a new interview with High Times. According to the singer, pot helps her with her songwriting and unlocks her creativity.

"I'm all about moderation -- as best I can be," Morissette told the magazine in an interview for its January issue. "As an artist, there's a sweet jump-starting quality to [marijuana] for me. I've often felt telepathic and receptive to inexplicable messages my whole life. I can stave those off when I'm not high. When I'm high -- well, they come in and there's less of a veil, so to speak. So if ever I need some clarity ... or a quantum leap in terms of writing something, it's a quick way for me to get to it."

That said, Morissette acknowledges the drug isn't for everyone. "I have a lot of friends who have wanted to specifically quit smoking marijuana because they felt that it was having a negative effect on their lives, and I absolutely supported them doing so," she added. "Then I have other friends who I've coerced into smoking because I thought it would be great for them."

Morissette, who is photographed in a California marijuana garden for the article, thanked her boyfriend and medical marijuana advocate Tom Ballanco for showing her the drug's benefits.

"I've always resonated with people who are on the front lines," she said. "I've always felt that way about Tom and about the community around him -- Woody Harrelson, Alicia Silverstone. I have a lot of friends around me who are very courageous and willing to 'come out' -- and Tom is definitely beyond the front lines. Any fears that I had about cannabis were quickly assuaged. Now I feel like a professional!"

[From Alanis Morissette Credits Marijuana for Creativity - Spinner]

No comments:

Post a Comment