2/27/09

Kid Cudi: It... Like the Clown

I've been mentally building this post for several months now, ever since I discovered Kid Cudi's mixtape: A Kid Named Cudi. The excitement for him keeps buillding and I figured I best let this cat out of the bag. I've been listened to this album in my car for almost 4 weeks straight - it's that good.

As you may know, I'm not a huge rap fan, but once in a while something will come along that just blows me away. The last time this happened was Lauryn Hill's Miseducation. It just kind of transcends the genre.

I don't even know that I can relay how great I think Kid Cudi is, so I'm just going to barrage you with stuff. First is his new video. (Not even my favorite track on the mixtape.)



Now that you have a taste, download the Mixtape for free.
After listening to it, I realized I had heard of him some time back, when I saw this trailer for it. Thought it was great then, and even more so now.


Now, here are my two favorite tracks on the mix. Unstoppable.


Down & Out - KiD CuDi

Unfortunately, this isn't the version on the album, but it'll do.

Embrace The Martian (Round Table KnightsE-V Remix) - Kid Cudi

Pretty Much Amazing is also a huge fan. They've posted 2 tracks you can download:
Kid Cudi - ‘09 Freestyle
Kid Cudi on LCD Soundsystem

Didi I mention he's from Cleveland - and loves it? I'm looking for him to do for Cleveland in music what LeBron is doing in Sports. That's enough for now, but you'll be hearing more in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Dude - I was totally unaware of Kid Cudi ... but I dig it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete