1/16/09

Killers Coming to Cleveland

BrandonFlowers2.jpg

The Killers just announced that they'll be performing at the Time Warner Cable Amphitheater on Wednesday, May 6th. Just the thought of it being in May makes me excited for this outdoor show. Feels like it'll be tropical compared to our current weather.

On a related note, I recently saw this quote from Brandon Flowers (on Perez). I'd have to agree with him. Seems like a lot of people are haters, but I think Killers are doing a great job at what they do best - being "platinum."

“I was confident about Sam’s Town, even though it didn’t get the greatest reviews. That’s my biggest problem with America — I have a big chip on my shoulder. When I do an interview in Europe I get treated with respect, like I’m David Byrne. They love our ambition, they want us to do well. But not in America. I take it personally. We’re still learning, you know? But it’s not like the Killers are some tragedy. We’re a platinum band, after all. And so far, the reviews (for their new album, Day & Age) are light-years better. It already feels like things are turning around.”

- The Killers' Brandon Flowers tells the new issue of Blender

No comments:

Post a Comment