1/16/09

Catching up with Teitur

Teitur is one of the artists who I stumbled upon years ago and continue to keep up with. He'd fallen off my radar for a while until this piece from Electroqueer.

I can't believe I missed his new release "The Singer", but have it now and giving it a listen. So far so good!

Check him out, if you like the mile male singer-songwriter.

Singsongstars: Introducing Teitur

Say hello to Teitur - he's a singer/songwriter from the Faroe Islands who I've been listening to a lot lately on MySpace. If you're a fan of Antony & The Johnstons, Rueben Butchart, Esser, or Rufus Wainwright, you'll probably fall in love with Teitur's velvety voice and interesting and ambient sound.

Coming from the Faroe Islands has really been a true inspiration to Teitur - he explains;
“There is no getting away from the fact that the Faroe Islands have influenced me. The place is very dramatic, the weather conditions are averse, there is a lot of silence, it’s a part of me, it’s in my dreams, it is hard for me not to put some of that atmosphere into my music as I feel so attached to it.”

Take a listen to the offbeat first single "Catherine The Waitress" - released on February 2nd, to get a feel for the quirky, enveloping mood music that Teitur produces. His album... [From Electroqueer: Singsongstars: Introducing Teitur]

No comments:

Post a Comment