8/12/09

Joe Pug & The Low Anthem (8/5/09)

Following the amazing Chairlift show earlier in the evening, I headed over to the Grog Shop to catch Joe Pug and The Low Anthem. This show had two openers, even before the Low Anthem, which worked out perfectly for me to get there in time to see them take the stage. I didn't have much experience with them before the show, but after hearing Cleveland Bachelor RAVE about them, I knew I couldn't miss it. I was a little surprised to see a more mild, spacious performance at the Grog Shop, but I guess that's about what you expect for a band opening for Joe Pug. They were great, kind of felt like they just rolled off a dusty caravan touring through the dusty southwest. If you want to read a more capacious review, check out CB's review.

The Low Anthem (8/5/09)

Luckily I found someone who posted a whole slew of videos.

Joe Pug was the real draw for me. He kind of gives me the early Dan Bern vibe... something about a passionate guy with a guitar gets to me. Seeing him open for Josh Ritter at the Beachland was fun, but this was sooo much better... more intimate. I look forward to hearing much more from him.

Joe Pug (8/5/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment