2/11/09

Bill Fox at the Happy Dog (Thursday)

Tonight kicks-off 4 days straight of shows... Tomorrow night I'm going to see Bill Fox at the Happy Dog. I can't even remember how I heard about this show, but checked out his MySpace page and instantly liked I what heard. However, it isn't even his page, but a fan page for him. As far as I can tell, there's nothing official for him on the internet.

The last couple days I've been trying to get some background on him. I found this interesting story on I Rock Cleveland about the man, the mystery, and his history in the Cleveland music scene.

I see he's playing at the Beachland Tavern again tonight. All of this background makes me even more excited to see him at the Happy Dog tomorrow night. Here's the deets from the Beachland site:

Bill Fox was lead singer and guitarist of the three-piece Cleveland, Ohio, garage pop band The Mice, which existed from January 1985 to 1988. They released two albums, For Almost Ever and Scooter (re-released by Scat Records as For Almost Ever Scooter in 2004), and were a major influence on the burgeoning Ohio power pop scene, including Dayton's Guided by Voices. Fox released two solo albums, Shelter from the Smoke (originally released in 1996 on Fox's Cherry Pop label and re-released by SpinArt in 1997) and Transit Byzantium (SpinArt, 1998), did a brief West Coast tour for the latter, promptly quit the music business and remained disconnected from all media contacts regarding his music for a nearly decade.

I also found this older The Mice video on YouTube (of course). I agree with one of the commenters, it seems ahead of it's time and has a sound I'd go see today. Thankfully I can still go see Bill Fox.

1 comment:

  1. Bill Fox playing The Happy Dog on Friday March 13th

    ReplyDelete