1/10/10

Tinamou (1/6/10)

I rarely need a reason to go to the Barking Spider Tavern, but seeing Tinamou provided me with a good one. A young, fresh-faced Cleveland band playing some interesting acoustic folk / funk tunes. Very talented musicians... I was particularly a fan of the violin and the drums. I was also very pleased to see the inclusion of the house piano into their set, which just added the right element to their performance on this snowy winter day. I see good things to come for these guys. Though if I had one criticism, it would be the vocal harmonies. I've said this before, but harmonizing exponentially adds or detracts from the show, there's no middle ground. Not to say it was that bad, but would like to see a little more work put in there. Otherwise, these guys were *excellent* musicians. I hope they come back to the Spider again soon.

Tinamou (1/6/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment