7/14/09

Good Morning Valentine (7/11/09)

This show was a last minute decision. I checked my MySpace account (a rarity these days) and saw Good Morning Valentine's post that they were performing a free show at Matinee over on W. 25th. I hadn't been to this venue yet and thought it was a great option for a Friday night. Later on I checked out the opener and she sealed the deal. Emily Rodgers has this kind of Jessica Lea Mayfield sound. It's nice, but I can't say her live performance was anything to write home about (but still enough to write on my blog).


I'd seen Good Morning Valentine before, back in 2005 when they opened for Martha Wainwright. Sadly, I haven't seen them since, so this was the night. They're definitely a great band. Nothing magical about this particular night, but it was a good show. It also reminded of their big bike ride around the country which blogging about here: http://ilikethatbike.blogspot.com/

Anyway, here's a visual timeline:

Good Morning Valentine (7/10/09)
Good Morning Valentine (7/10/09)
Good Morning Valentine (7/10/09)
Good Morning Valentine (7/10/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment