11/4/08

Blogger / Wordpress Differences

I had originally planned to embed the Presidential Playlist Showdown from imeem today, in honor of our election day. At first I thought there was an a problem with ecto, but quickly realized that Wordpress doesn't allow any embedding of Flash. wtf? Really??

For me, the beauty of moving from iBlog to a modern platform was to take advantage of embedding as much as possible. I hopped over to Blogger and was happy to see this wasn't the case there. I started setting up a blog with Google, only to quickly realize there are several other benefits. So here's just a quick run-down of some quick, obvious differences for me

WordPress

  • Allows for "Pages" as menu items across the top
  • Utilizes Categories and Tags
  • Has a media library for hosting images

Blogger

  • Embedding of Flash
  • More control over the template / CSS
  • Rich Text editor as "Gadgets" or "Widgets"

Wow, after getting this out, I'm realizing this embed thing must be a BIG issue to lose those 3 features... Wow.

Here's a more complete comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment