12/14/09

Nellie McKay (11/24/09)

Before this night, I've been to two shows total at Nighttown, recently to see Brownout, and my first time to see Nellie McKay. The first showed me the way of Nellie, and the second reminded of how Nighttown is a great evening entertainment destination. Seeing Nellie again on this Tuesday night also included my friend visiting from Australia, so I was particularly excited to show off Cleveland (Heights). This was the second of two sold-out nights, so we got there early to grab a decent seat. Ordered a great meal and watched a highly entertaining Nellie McKay.

As usual, she charmed the pants on the crowd with a variety of songs from Doris Day, a cover of an Ella Fitzgerald song, and even a feminist rant on a Ukelele. One one person insult and make you laugh at the same time, all with a demure and unassuming smile.

Nellie McKay (11/24/09)

Oh, and the Australian was impressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment