10/13/09

Concert Updates

ical.png

Some brief concert updates... equal parts good & bad.

Let's start with the bad.

  • The Guster show at HOB on Thursday, Nov. 9th is SOLD OUT. This is a bummer... a show I was really looking forward to. I guess I should have seen it coming.

  • Dan Auerbach's show at the HOB on Wednesday, Dec. 9th has been CANCELLED. I'm kinda sad on this, but more-so for the openers than for the openers, Justin Townes Earle & Jessica Lea Mayfield. I just love 3 name acts.

  • The Avett Brothers announced a show at the HOB on Saturday, Feb. 27th. Tickets are $26.50 in Advance. Hmm... I guess this is good. Not getting a lot of good feedback on the new major label release for these guys, and then the HOB. I think I would have preferred it if they stayed where they were and came back to the Beachland. Still, if you've never seen them, it's a great show.

  • Tegan & Sara just scheduled a show at the Lakewood Civic Auditorium on Sunday, March 28th. This is the tour that is supporting their new album, Hell. My first experience with them at the Grog Shop was amazing. I skipped seeing them at the HOB because I knew it would be a madhouse. But I have NO IDEA what seeing them at the Lakewood High School would be like. Almost worth going just for that.

Okay, maybe that was just equal parts bad and mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment