4/22/09

Ezra Furman & the Harpoons (4/1/09)

I was recently able to reconnect with an old friend via FaceBook, who I saw my first Ani concert with... and this was back in the days in college when working at the local record store. Years later, I find him online and we've been able to reconnect our music interests. Ezra Furman & the Harpoons is one of the suggestions I received from him and I'm so glad I did. Ezra is one of those performers that may not sooth you the first moment you hear them, but once you spend some time with their sound, you'll get to appreciate the lyrics and insight.

Unfortunately, not many people were at the show, but the band took it in stride. At one point he joked about us seeing the band before they made it big, while they were still "underground." But then commented that this was even pre-underground... this was being alive.

This is why I like them.

Ezra Furman & the Harpoons (4/1/09)

I would put Ezra right up there with the likes of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Bishop Allen, Birdmonster, etc... Go see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment