12/11/08

EFF berates Apple over open-source iTunes project | Macworld

As you may know, I'm an ardent Mac supporter... Sure I was a little sad when iTunes came out of the gate with DRM, but I've been happy to see that battle is being won against corporate greed. I felt like they were just doing what they had to do to get the ball rolling. But now between their buidling HDCP into their new MacBooks, and things like this below, it makes me a little sour. C'mon Apple, I don't want to have to switch to Linux.

EFF berates Apple over open-source iTunes project   by Robert McMillan, IDG News Service

Apple's attempt to quash an effort to help the latest iPods and iPhones work with non-Apple software such as the Linux operating system is out of line, the Electronic Frontier Foundation said Tuesday.

RELATED IPOD ARTICLES Gear Guide, part one: Gear for your iPhone EFF berates Apple over open-source iTunes project Review: More iPhone dictionary apps Judge: Apple's new VP could cause 'irreparable harm' to IBM Apple teases Black Fr [From EFF berates Apple over open-source iTunes project | Macworld]

No comments:

Post a Comment